Performativity and Narratives of Race
BPT 2000 met at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 25-26 February 2000. The event was hosted by the Music and Theater Arts Department of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Funding for the event was graciously provided by the Council for the Arts at MIT , The Theater Arts Program , the MIT Dean for Student Life, The Program in Women's Studies , and the MIT Commitee on Campus Race Relations. Thomas F. DeFrantz provided local arrangements for the event.
- Annemarie Bean — Assistant Professor, Williams College
- Jennifer Brody — Associate Professor, Northwestern University
- Thomas F. DeFrantz — Assistant Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Anita Gonzalez — Assistant Professor, Florida State University
- Richard C. Green III — Assistant Chair, Parsons School of Design
- Harry Elam Jr. — Associate Professor, Stanford University
- John Jackson Jr. — Research Fellow, Harvard University
- Jason King — Doctoral Candidate, New York University
- Marya Annette Mcquirter — Doctoral Candidate, University of Michigan
- Anna Scott — Assistant Professor, University of California, Riverside
- Nadine George-Graves — Assistant Professor, Yale University
A special SCRATCH -n- MIX PERFORMANCE EVENT included artists from the Boston area and New York City.
Carl Hancock Rux